- Stop by Voluptuous Vixen, a fashionable plus sized store, to help celebrate their 3rd anniversary. On Thursday, November 19th luxe cocktail dresses will be 50% off and you can enter to win a $100 gift certificate.
- Feet First is having another trunk show highlighting comfort shoe brands Born and Sofft. Enjoy complimentary wine & hors d’oeuvres on Saturday, November 14th from 10am-6pm as a brand representative helps you select the perfect pair for you.
- Shoefty just got in some great kicks for guys and girls. Go snap ’em up!
- Style Lab, a popular men’s boutique is offering an additional 15% off all sale items. You can also browse new arrivals from G-Star, Ben Sherman, Modern Amusements, Levi’s and Woolrich.
- Yvonne LaFleur is having a holiday wardrobe trunk show Nov. 12-14. Enjoy informal modeling and refreshments during the event.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started in millinery.
You can purchase a Le Chapeau creation on her website or on Etsy.
If your style is more West Coast than Gulf Coast a trip to N.O. Surf Shop is in order. I am deathly afraid of drowning so you’ll never see me hanging ten* but the owner nicely told me “It’s about the lifestyle”.
This shop is so much more than surf and skate boards. There is a nice variety of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing and a big selection of flip flops. The owner is passionate about buying home grown threads, so much so that he plans on discontinuing anything “Made in China”. I found his prices refreshingly reasonable without a big “boutique” markup. There are a slew of surf/skate brands as well as locally made jewelry.
For whatever reason the older I get the cuter surf brands get and I can’t help but love this Reef dress I just bought. I think the quality is great for the price and even though most are technically juniors they tend to flatter those of us *ahem* this side of 25.
As usual excuse the poor quality photos. That’s what happens when you photograph in poor lighting. Oh yes that is an ice chest in the background on my balcony. Keepin’ it classy.
So what seems like a simple, straightforward, above the knee dress…
Heather Elizabeth provides fun ways to show your NOLA love and not look like you outfitted yourself at a tourist shop. From necklaces and night lights, cuff links to Christmas ornaments there is something available for everyone.
The “Aint Dere No More” bracelet pays homage to a slew of gone but not forgotten local institutions.
You can also represent a singular business, sports team, or street name with a sterling silver ring.
Celebrate New Orleans neighborhoods with this bracelet.
Heather Elizabeth’s jewelry and housewares are available at several art markets and stores city wide. You may also purchase items online.
- Give and receive with the Junior League of New Orleans’ gift card. The $35 card gets you 20% discount at select retailers and all proceeds from card sales goes to local projects supported by the group.
- Get ready for winter (whenever that happens) at Tomato. Coats and sweaters are currently 20% off. They are also getting ready to open a Baton Rouge store so fill out an application if you’re inclined.
- Coco Before Chanel, the biopic about Chanel’s life pre fashion career, comes out today.
I’m a sucker for a fancy dress. At one point I owned more frilly frocks that I did casual ones but now that my collection is under control it is safe to buy another one. Holiday parties will be here before you know it so I’m planning on shopping soon to avoid the rush.
Betsey Johnson dress available from Mod Cloth
Roxy dress from PacSun
ABS available from Saks
Retro glam from Modcloth.
Of course no dress is complete without the appropriate accessories. My rule of thumb is the fancier the dress the simpler the accessories.
Shake pendant available from Mignon Faget
This fossil and gemstone bracelet from Sabai is a real conversation piece.
These hair pins from Gurly Girl would look chic tucked into a chignon.
Do pearls in an unconventional way with this Betsey Johnson pearl bracelet with removable spider brooch.
- Get out and help stimulate the economy by shopping on Saturday, November 7th at the Magazine Street Retail Relief.
- Ruby, the cutest boutique in Hammond, LA, is celebrating their 6th anniversary on Wednesday, November 4th. Stop in from 11am-6pm for champagne, cake, and lots of goodies. Enjoy free gifts with any $50 and $100 purchase. You can also register to win for a chance to win shopping cards and gifts all day long!
- Buffalo Exchange just got a slew of women’s winter jackets, sweaters, and dresses in including cocktail party worthy frocks and a handful of Diane Von Furstenburg. Come get them before they run out!