ABOUT CHRISTY LORIO
I’m Christy, a writer based in New Orleans. I’ve written for a slew of local and national publications including NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, Oxford American, New Orleans Magazine, Edible New Orleans, The Toast, Go NOLA, Gambit Weekly and New Orleans Bride Magazine.
- I live in the Freret neighborhood with my husband, two dogs, and a healthy amount of cats.
- I’ve hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon 10 times.
- I can hold a pencil with my chin.
- I’m an amateur photographer. I know, who isn’t these days?
- My biggest achievement in life was my 2012 Mardi Gras costumes.
ABOUT SLOW SOUTHERN STYLE
I started Slow Southern Style in 2009 as a way to chronicle my love for shopping local and to promote buying secondhand clothing and has turned into a personal blog. In 2018 I am challenging myself to only buy secondhand clothing for an entire year.
WHAT’S UP WITH THE NAME?
Slow Southern Style focused mostly on fashion when I first started, so the name was a perfect fit. And yes, it’s taken from “Black Velvet,” a song from Alannah Miles.
In order to get in touch email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. Please note that I currently do not accept sponsored or guest posts.