- Buffalo Exchange is celebrating Halloween all month long! Comes dressed as your favorite decade, be it the 1880s or the 1980s on Saturday, Oct. 10th and get $5 off your next $20 purchase.
- The Encore Shop, a consignment store that benefits the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, is sponsoring a string of fashion events Oct. 13th-17th. There will be daily workshops delving into fall trends, accessories, and designer shoes.
- Local jewelry designer Mignon Faget has released a new line of wooden shotgun house pendants. The necklaces are a collaboration with artist and urban designer Robert Tannen and 5% of sales will be donated to Global Green USA for Rebuilding New Orleans Green.
Category Archives: events
- I Heart NOLA did a great write up about Brinkman’s Menswear. If you mention the feature you can receive a 25% discount.
- Are you torturing your feet in those 4 inch stilettos? The Gambit Weekly is here to help. I personally stopped sacrificing comfort and rarely break out a pair of heels. Unless I’m going to dinner or know I will be sitting all day flats comprise my everyday wear.
- Create your own fashionable spring break by attending Miami Fashion Week March 18th-20th 2010.
- If you are still in need of a Halloween costume check out Elysian Fleas (get it?) a new art/craft market that will be selling handmade costumes. Check it out on Sunday, 11am-5pm on the corner of Elysian Fields and Chartres.
- Do you want free makeup samples and a fall fashion show? Dillard’s at Lakeside Mall is hosting their 2nd annual trend show October 10th from 8:30am-10:00am. There will be a light breakfast, product demonstrations and a free gift to all event attendees. Get there early because seating is limited.
- Bonjour Boutiques is a new website and magazine focusing on Northshore retail offerings. Be sure to check it out when it launches this November.
- Magazine St. newcomer Branch Out Shop, a new vintage and sustainable goods store, is slated to open tonight during Art for Art’s Sake.
- I’d like to thank my good friend Leslie of NOLA Eats for getting Slow Southern Style a Twitter mention from the Times-Picayune’s fashion editor.
It seems there are a few fun and fashionable events happening this weekend. Be sure to check them out!
- Shop 2728 is having a fashion show October 24th at Republic. Model casting calls are being held tomorrow, October 1st at Le Phare.
- The Gem & Jewelry Show is this weekend, October 2nd-4th at the Alario Center in Westwego. Free admission and parking for all guests.
- The Green Project is offering a “reverse” tie dye class on October 3rd. Bring your old, dark colored clothing and get ready for a funky new wardrobe!
- Meet designer Tory Burch this Thursday at the New Orleans Saks Fifth Avenue and see her fall 2009 collection.
- Tomato is offering 50-75% off their sale items!
- The ladies at Who What Wear present some new pieces from Ralph Lauren Blue Label. Those little horse emblazoned polos are insanely popular in the south. Why not try something familiar yet updated?
The newly reopened Roosevelt Hotel is having a “Stormin’ of the Sazerac” tomorrow at 2:00pm. Prior to the original event women were only allowed to drink in the bar on Mardi Gras. Revelers are encouraged to wear 1940s attire or a glamorous vintage getup. If I wasn’t doing the unglamorous task of having my tail lights fixed I’d be dressed to the nines and fashionably late.
All images via style.com
- Karen Elson opened a vintage store in Nashville, TN. This might be a good reason to travel to Tennessee! I haven’t been since I was a kid.
- New Orleans Fashion Week is having a casting call for models on September 19th at the W Hotel. The website says 5 to 8 but doesn’t indicate if that is a.m. or p.m
- The SPCA is looking for models to work a fashion show benefit in February.