- The Ogden Museum of Southern Art is conducting a 4 week long jewelry making class. Jewelry Making 101 will be taught by New Orleans’ own Vitrice McMurray, an award winning jewelry designer. Students will learn basic techniques like wire bending, piercing, filing and finishing. Register by Tuesday, January 5th to reserve your spot.
- Style.com, the online home of Vogue, takes a look back at the best party frocks and red carpet looks of 2009.
- Need a new look for the new year? Swap Boutique, Life yoga + boutique, and Paris Parker salon are giving away a complete re-do. Just fill out an application available at all three places and enter to win a designer outfit, hair and cosmetic makeover, and a free month of yoga.
- Need a fancy frock for graduation or a dance? How about a debutante ball? Yvonne LaFleur is having a trunk show Sunday, December 27th through Saturday, January 2nd. Prices are in the $200-$300 range and are appropriate for 8th graders and high school girls.
- Help ring in the new year at the Freret Market on Saturday, January 2nd from noon to 5:00pm. As usual there will be live music, food, art, and plenty of handmade clothing and accessories.
Twitter: slowsouthstyle Facebook: Slow Southern Style